Cross Functional Strategist
The Cross-Functional Strategist (XFS)
XFS is a convenient alternative to our workshops and training sessions, built to accommodate your busy schedule. Folding in elements of executive coaching, our research on cross-functional effectiveness, and our proprietary assessments—this program helps professionals at all levels understand what is working and what isn't through 1:1 sessions with an experienced strategist. We offer multiple tiers of coaching which help professionals make an immediate impact, change patterns, or achieve measurable mastery.
Build Pragmatic Capabilities to Make a Difference Right Now
Reality: Organizations contain fewer “layers” than they have in past eras.
Success in the modern workplace requires a cross-functional mindset. Our organizations are bands of knowledge/expertise-based specialists. What this really means is that we are experts amongst experts, solving problems and making decisions across lines of expertise and getting your voice heard and ideas has never been tougher.
Reality: Hybrid and remote work is here to stay.
Hybrid and remote organizations mean fewer organic interactions and fewer opportunities for traditional corporate learning. XFS coaching is built to fit into your schedule and help you make an immediate impact, regardless of where in the world you work!
Reality: Ambiguity surrounds us—in markets, future of regulation and technology, in our organizations themselves.
When you are working broadly, across the organization, this ambiguity magnifies. What this really means is that we have to become experts in tolerating and navigating ambiguity; to see the opportunity in it, not to wish or structure it away. Cross-Functional Strategist coaching is your lifeline in an ocean of ambiguity.
XFS helps you navigate all this with a personal strategist and process that offer you:
- Deep listening for on patterns, limiting beliefs and mindsets that are getting in your way
- Situational advice and tips for moving through a situation
- Guidance that's prescriptive and pragmatic to get you unstuck
- Cohort learning with other experts like you who you are navigating similar contexts
XFS Program Structure
Tier 1: Sprint
- Strategize with your coach to navigate a specific situation - let’s make sure you get the most out of that big meeting or learn how to remove a roadblock.
- Our proprietary planners provide a template for tackling future cross-functional challenges.
Tier 2: Marathon
- Builds on the lessons learned in XFS Tier 1 to identify behavioral patterns, try out new approaches, and build a whole new cross functional skill set!
- Our proprietary 180 assessment helps you identify your strengths and opportunity areas, supported by 1:1 engagements with your coach.
Tier 3: Relay
Building an Influence Culture
- Builds on the lessons learned in XFS Tiers 1 and 2. If you could integrate the best traits of a great boss and a traditional executive coach, you would have a Cross-Functional Strategist.
- Working hand in hand with their strategist, participants will have the chance to test pragmatic new cross-functional strategies over an extended period of time.
- Our proprietary 180 assessments, supplemented by 1:1 stakeholder interviews, gather actionable feedback to inform a data-driven approach to development
Outcomes of XFS
- Get more immediate, genuine buy-in for your ideas
- Increase your trust to facilitate influence
- Understand what to run after and what to let go of
- Put your priorities top mind for your stakeholders
- Align your needs with those of your partners across the organization
- Get action on the ideas that most impact you and your team's effectiveness