The Ultimate Matrix Workshop
LEARNING TO MASTER THE MATRIX
- Identify key partnerships, assess current and desired level of partnership and identify actions to take to maintain or grow a partnership.
- Ensure goal alignment and recalibrate with partners when goals are misaligned.
- Identify reasons for role clarity issues; effectively use RACI-type models and effectively tackle role clarity issues.
- Get decisions made in matrix organizations through your own decision-making, facilitation of decisions with teams, or by influencing decisions made by others.
- Apply interpersonal influence in situations where it is most needed; proactively build influence and influence effectively “in the moment.”
- Communicate without assumptions to ensure partners are well informed.
- Conduct meetings that build momentum for a project or decision.
This is perfect for anyone in a Matrix Role! A Matrix Role is defined as a position that has multiple bosses (one may be referred to as “solid line” and others as “dotted line”) and/or depends on a variety of independent resources throughout the organization to get tasks done.